Outdoor Solar Security Lights w/ Motion Sensor - Black
VOLT® LED Outdoor Solar Security Light (Black)– Easy-to-Install, Motion Activated Security Light with Remote Solar Panel
Features & Benefits
- Great easy-to-install lighting solution to detect, deter, and identify intruders.
- Motion activated Motion Sensor* detects movement within 8 meters (26 feet).
- Solar panel provides power to the lights – no need for an additional power supply.
- Panel can be mounted up to 15 feet from lights to allow installation in brightest possible location.
- Adjustable “On” time so you can set the floodlights to stay on only briefly (10 seconds) or to remain on for up to 1 minute.
- Adjustable light sensitivity so solar lights operate normally in very bright or dark conditions.
- This outdoor solar lighting device provides a no-energy-cost security lighting solution ideal for any property.
*PIR - Passive Infrared Sensor detects body heat
Outdoor Solar Security Lights w/ Motion Sensor - Black Specifications
- Outdoor solar powered security light
- 6 watts (energy consumption)
- 480 lumens (light output)
- 6500K color temperature (cool white)
- Pair of 3-watt directional adjustable die cast solar LED lights
- Lux Control Level Adjustment (adjusts for ambient light)
- Duration Time Adjustment (adjusts for “On” time after activation)
- Amorphous solar light panel: 150 x 200mm, ~1.4V
- Battery: 2200mAH Ni-Mh AA
- 3-day (72-hour) operation on maximum charge
- Motion motion sensor (coverage: 130º angle, 8 meters)
- 5-meter extension cord for solar light panel
- 2-year warranty
View All LED Solar Security Lights
Q.Does the solar panel need to be mounted in direct sunlight?
A.The solar lights work best when the panel is exposed to direct sunlight. However, exposure to bright or cloudy skies will charge the panels enough for the lights to operate – though operation time may be reduced. If you lack direct sunlight, conserve the solar batteries by reducing your Duration Time (see instructions).
Q.What is an ‘Amorphous’ Solar Panel?
A.‘Amorphous’ means non-crystalline; it is a common type of solar panel that does very well in high heat conditions.
Q.Do I need to plug my solar lights into a power supply?
A.No, the attached solar panel provides all the power.
Q.Will the light come on in the daytime?
A.Out of the box, the light is set to work only in darkness. But the built-in photocell can be adjusted so the light will function in brighter conditions (for example, under a street light). This Lux (light level) Adjustment is found on the sensor housing.
Q.Will I need to clean the floodlights and solar panel? If so, how do I do that?
A.Yes, you will need to keep the solar panel free of dust, pollen, and debris. Wipe it with a damp cloth when needed. Also, clean the lights and sensor with a damp cloth. Do not use abrasive cleansers or pads.
Q.How does the motion activator work in the solar lights?
A.The solar lights are activated by a motion detector that use PIR (Passive Infrared) technology. Infrared energy is selected for detection because heat is radiated in the infrared portion of the energy spectrum. So, the solar light sensor detects heat – or more accurately, it detects the movement of heat. When a heat source (such as an intruder) walks through the sensors field of view, then the changes in heat location activate the sensor and turn on the lights.
Q.Does air temperature affect activation of the solar light sensor?
A.Since the PIR (Passive Infrared) Motion Sensor works by detecting changes in temperature caused by body heat, extremes in air temperature may affect operation in the following ways:
• Very high air temperature (>30ºC, 86ºF) may reduce the field of view (distance and angle) making the sensor less sensitive (intruders would need to be closer to the sensor to activate the light). Note that it is rare for nighttime temperatures to reach 86º - even in tropical climates.
• Very low temperatures (<10ºC, 50ºF) may increase the field of view (distance and angle) making the sensor more sensitive (Intruders may activate the light when farther from the sensor).
View All LED Solar Security Lighting
Outdoor Solar Security Lights Warranty Information
• Residential - 2 Year Warranty
• Commercial - 2 Year Warranty
Complete VOLT Warranty Info Click
For more information or to arrange warranty replacement of your VOLT® LED Solar Security Light call:
813-978-3700 Monday - Friday from 8am to 8pm EST, Saturday and Sunday from 10am to 6pm EST.
View All LED Solar Security Lights