VOLT Digital Timer
PROGRAMMING INSTRUCTIONS QUICK START GUIDE
If the LCD display is blank, plug the timer into a 110V socket to recharge the internal battery.
Press the RESET button before programming your timer.
Setting the time
1. Press and hold “CLOCK” key and select day by pressing the “DAY” key until the correct day is displayed.
2. With the “CLOCK” key pressed, press the “HOURS” key to adjust the timer to the current HOUR. Note: The timer uses a 24 hour clock (military time) to avoid possible errors from incorrect AM/PM settings. (1pm= 13:00, 2PM = 14:00, etc).
3. With the “CLOCK” key pressed, press the “MIN” key to adjust the minutes.
Programming The unit
Each on and off time must be programmed into the timer. There are 8 different programs that can be set per day. For simplicity, we
will set ONE (1) program for the entire week.
1. Press “PROG.” “ON” will be on the left part of your screen. (Only press it once to make sure you are on Program “1.”
Each time you press “PROG” you will cycle to a new program).
2. Set the days you want the system to turn on. Press “DAY” and the days of the week will be indicated by little triangles
below each day. Cycle thru the days until all 7 days are indicated by the triangles below all the “MO TU WE TH FR SA SU”
that is above the screen.
3. Press “HOURS” for what time you want your system on. Cycle thru the hours, and then also set the minutes.
4. Press “PROG” and “OFF” will appear in the left of the screen. Set the time when you want your system off, by pressing
“HOURS” and then set the “MIN” off time.
5. Press “CLOCK” to bring up the current time.
6. IMPORTANT! Push the “MANUAL” key until you see BOTH “AUTO” and “OFF” to activate your program (the auto/manual
mode is indicated by a triangle above the word auto or manual and the on/off will be displayed on the left of the screen).
7. Plug timer into the Volt Transformer Timer Receptacle Outlet inside the transformer cabinet and plug the cord that was in
that outlet into the side of the timer to complete the circuit.
8. You are done!
Enjoy automated control of your Volt Transformer.
The “MANUAL ” button can cause confusion and problems. There are 4 settings with the “MANUAL” button you must be aware
of (pay attention to the triangle AND the on/off on the display). Each time you push the “MANUAL” button it will cycle to a new
a. AUTO & OFF : Used when running your program (i.e. normal operation)
b. AUTO & ON : Used when to manually turn system on immediately but have it return to programmed mode the next cycle.
c. MANUAL & OFF: system will never turn on.
d. MANUAL & ON: system will always stay on.
Up to 8 ON and OFF switches a day/56 ON and OFF switches per week.
Option to program individual days or different weekday groups.
1. Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs, Fri, Sat, Sun
2. Individual days of the week
3. Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs, Fri
4. Sat, Sun
5. Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs, Fri, Sat
6. Mon, Wed, Fri
7. Tues Thurs, Sat 8. Mon, Tues, Wed
9. Thurs, Fri, Sa
Minimum switching period one minute.
Summer time / Winter time changeover
To change from winter to summer time, press the HOURS and MIN keys simultaneously
The clock will be set forward one hour and a “S” will appear on the display.
Repeat the same procedure in order to return to winter time.
Easy to read LCD display.
Random automatic ON/OFF security features
To enter the Random Mode press DAY and HOURS key simultaneously
To turn off Random Mode, press the DAY and HOURS key simultaneously again
q To enter into Count Down feature, press CLOCK and PROG buttons simultaneously.
q Using the HOURS and MIN buttons set the countdown time.
(The maximum selection is 9 hours and 59 minutes and the minimum is 1 minute. )
q Press the MANUAL button to start the countdown.
q The output will turn on until the end of the countdown. You can pause the countdown anytime during the period by pressing
the MANUAL button. To re-start press the MANUAL button again.
q To review the time during the countdown period, press and hold the CLOCK button, release the button to return to the
q To return to the timer mode, press the CLOCK and PROG button simultaneously.
Manual override button.
Reset button erases all programs/on/off settings
Rechargeable Battery back-up. If there is no LCD display, plug the timer into a socket and switch on, this will re-charge
IMPORTANT SAFETY PRECAUTIONS
Do not use on an extension lead.
Do not plug this timer into another timer switch
Do not plug any device performing mechanical movement directly into the timer. Fan heaters and heaters with exposed
elements should not be left unattended and it is recommended that these types of appliances are not connected timers.
Do not insert needles or any other metal objects into mains outlet.
Avoid moisture, extreme temperatures, shock and vibration
For indoor use (or inside weatherproof cabinet).
Do not open the timer. Repairs must be performed by authorized service personnel only.
To clean casing and display use a soft cloth. Do not use chemical or scouring agents. Do not submerge in water.
Keep device out of the reach of children.
Volt is a registered trademark, all rights reserved 2010
REV 001er for low voltage landscape lighting transformer.